In this article, you will be gaining detailed information about MetroPCS APN settings for the AndroidÂ devices like Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone. MetroPCS cell phone network runs on the T-Mobile wireless cellular network. It is famous among its users for providing high-speed LTE mobile internet data which may go up to 30 or 40 Mbps.
If you have bought new Samsung Galaxy S5 Android smartphone with MetroPCS connection, then the APN settings will be pre-configured on the cell phone. But if you are switching over to MetroPCS from a different connection altogether then, the APN settings can be easily set up.
MetroPCS APN SettingsÂ for Android & iPhone
Â The step by step guide on how to configure the APN settings to setup the mobile internet on your Samsung Galaxy S5 quickly is as follows:
- Turn on the mobile data of your smartphone.
- Open the main menu of your smartphone and go to Settings.
- Click on More Networks followed by Mobile Networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- It is recommended to delete all the existing APN settings before entering the new one.
- Now insert a new APN with exactly the same details as given below:
Â Â Â Â Â Â Name: MetroPCS
Â Â Â Â Â Â APN: fast.metropcs.com
Â Â Â Â Â Proxy: Not Required
Â Â Â Â Â Port: Not Required
Â Â Â Â Â Username: Not Required
Â Â Â Â Â Password: Not Required
Â Â Â Â Â Server: Not Required
Â Â Â Â Â MMSC: http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
Â Â Â Â Â MMS proxy: Do not write anything in this field
Â Â Â Â Â MMS port: Do not write anything in this field
Â Â Â Â Â MCC: 310
Â Â Â Â Â MNC: 260
Â Â Â Â Â Authentication type: Leave the default settings as it is.
- Save all the changes that you have made in the APN settings.
- Shut down and restart your cell phone.
- Check if you are able to connect to the internet properly. You can do so by opening the internet browser and then try connecting to any website.
- Once you are connected to the fast data connection, you can easily use the high-speed mobile internet. Congratulations! You have successfully setup the APN settings all by yourself.